Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Noa in Goa

I have been waiting forever to be able to write that title above. I have arrived in Goa. I am uploading some videos from the past day so that you can see the beautiful beach here. I am staying at Patnem beach where there are a few Europeans and some cows on the beach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w0LEaHyhrs


I walked to Palolem Beach which is much more built up to sit here at a nice internet place and inquire about train tickets to my next destination Cochin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQwiCZF8OHE



Yesterday I was nervous because I didn't know how I was going to get from the airport in Goa to my beach.
I spoke to a couple sitting next to me while riding the airport shuttle bus that takes you from the gate to the plane in Mumbai. Turns out that they already arranged a taxi to take them to their hotel in Palolem Beach. They were totally cool with me joining them in the car. Thank you Ronald and Suzanne! They are from Rotterdam in the Netherlands. That saved me over 1000 rupees! I arrived at my hotel and I am very impressed with the facilities. The toilet is amazing and I was given not 1 but 2 rolls of toilet paper! I am tempted to spend more time here just because of the bathroom facilities. Just kidding... kinda. Anyone who has ever travelled in countries that lack running water hopefully can appreciate my reverence of a flushing toilet -- one that can handle tp. On my flight to Goa, it was the first time that I have been among tourists. In some way, it was nice to be able to talk to the person next to you and have a lot in common right off the bat. I met Regina and her husband Daniel from New Zealand. They had come from the north and did a 14 day trek in the Himalayas. Mark, maybe in a few years?

1 comment:

  1. Your video of "cowies" is sooooo you. I miss you, friend.

    tk

    ReplyDelete