Monday, November 9, 2009

Last day at Amma's

Tomorrow I leave Amma's Ashram. It has been a great experience here. I would love to come back but when it is sunny. I hate the rain. Walking around in flip-flops in the mud is icky.

This morning there was prayer/meditation from 5am until 6:30am. Then chai tea. Then I went to yoga from 7:30 until 8:30 with a groovy lady called Davika. She is American and taught a nice iyengar yoga class. She was also my tour guide yesterday.
Then breakfast. Indian breakfast is free but I went for the Western food. I had a couple fried eggs and toasted cornbread. Yum.
Then I did a little shopping in the gift shop here. I bought a couple bars of Ashram chocolate to share with my friends. I feel bad that I am not bringing home gifts for everyone. So I apologize in advance. However, if there is something you REALLY want from India, please let me know and I will try and make it happen over the next couple of days. After shopping there was lunch but because there is only outdoor seating I just bought a cookie and a pb cupcake and went for a walk. As I was walking a crow tried to take the food from my hand. Now I have a scratch from the bird. Annoying.

I am enroute to the Ayurveda College but wanted to check in with everyone before continuing on the road.

When I get back to the Ashram I will get a Masala Dosa for 15 rupees. What is up with dosas being so expensive in SF?

I leave for Kanyakumari tomorrow early morning. Hopefully I will get there in 6 hours or less....

Lots of love -Noa

No comments:

Post a Comment