Friday, October 23, 2009

Sri Lanka

I arrived safely in Sri Lanka. My friend Julia met me at the airport in Colombo. We stayed at a very nice guest house last night. We are using her camera so we will upload photos later.
I have a few videos. One is from our ride in the 3-wheeler (tuk-tuk) last night. Another is from this morning at the guest house. I finally had a good night's sleep! My congestion is much more manageable. We have another video introducing you to a traditional Sri Lankan breakfast called Stringhoppers. And then there is a video of us on the bus. There is a front row 'reserved for clergy', a second row 'reserved for disabled' and a third row 'reserved for pregnant women'. Interesting.

We had dinner last night at a place called The Cricket Club Cafe.
Right now we are at a cafe and will be going to another restaurant, Barefoot Cafe, for the film screening The Age of Stupid about climate change.
Tomorrow we will head towards Kandy and Knuckles Range.

1 comment:

  1. I just watched your videos. Looks like you're having a good time! Looking forward to seeing you when you get back. This is Leigh, btw, might be signed as A.

    ReplyDelete