Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Goodbye Sri Lanka

I had a great time in Sri Lanka. It is not the most beautiful country but there are definitely beautiful parts. The tea plantations are really gorgeous as are the mountains. I didn't have time to see the beach towns (where Julia lives) but I will be on the east and west coast of India so I will have plenty of beach time over the next two weeks.

I uploaded a few videos onto youtube. I think everyone will get a kick out out of the "How to make elephant dung paper" video. Right now I am using the free internet station at the airport, so going between windows on this computer would probably be difficult.

It was great spending time with Julia. Unfortunately she now is on another six hour journey back into the hills for work.

When I arrive in Chennai, hopefully there will be a driver waiting to take me down to Pondi, as Pondicherry is commonly referred.

I am very happy that the weather has held up so far. No rain except for some sprinkles in the mountains. How is the weather in SF? It usually gets so cold around this time of year. Here I am dripping sweat even when there is "air-conditioning". I suppose this is good for getting rid of toxins, but it also makes for a very stinky journey.

Will update more later. Friends, feel free to reply to any of my posts. -Noa

No comments:

Post a Comment